Fresh Start is an intense Christian Discipleship center designed to assist and strengthen the church by providing biblical training to people in need. Our desire is to help congregations foster a relational atmosphere whereby home churches can actively disciple their own people.
Our two primary goals are that we would:
1.) Have a greater love for the Lord Jesus Christ.
2.) Have a greater love for the people He has placed in our life.
We believe that all of life is lived from the heart. We will focus on developing a heart that is free from sin and any weight that could hinder you from the highest achievement possible– to love the Lord.
A disciple is a follower of the Lord. He recognizes his need for personal growth and willingly submits to certain measures of control that provide a framework for that growth to take place. Since we have only a limited amount of time together, and Fresh Start operates with the generous gifts of Christians, we work hard in a structured environment.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God.
- Trusting in Jesus is the only means of Salvation.
- It is possible to have an assurance of Salvation
- It is possible to turn away from God.
- Being born again will produce fruit in our lives.
- Faith and repentance are the first steps in true heart change.
- We believe the principle of submission to authority to be scriptural and applicable in the following relationships: God, civil government, church, home, occupation. They are to be followed to the point that they contradict any higher authority.
Fresh Start is operates under the leadership and direction of a local board as well as a ministerial advisory board.
Local Board: The local board meets monthly to provide assistance in administrative decisions. The Local Board members and positions are listed as followers:
Loren Wingard (Chairman)
Phil Graber (Vice-Chairman)
Thomas Schrock (Secretary)
Bryan Fleagle (Administrator)
Ministerial Advisory Board: The ministerial advisory board meets annually and provides oversight, counsel, and, visionary direction for the organization and local board. The members are as follows:
|Myron Mullet, Abbeville, SC||Ken Schrock, Partridge, KS|
|Bryan Zehr, Milverton, ON||Wayne High, Bluford, IL|
|Vancen Miller, Bourbon, IN||David Yoder Jr., Auburn, KY|
Fresh Start works with a very broad spectrum of individuals and groups. Presently, the majority of our clients are from some sort of Anabaptist background (Amish, Beachy (Amish-Mennonite), Mennonite, Brethren, etc). We also work with clients from Evangelical background as well as those who have had little to no church background. Our Staff, as well, are from a variety of Anabaptist congregations. We are affiliated with Fresh Start Chapel and the Mid-West Mennonite Fellowship.
We do not charge men who want to enroll in the program. God graciously provides support for Fresh Start through the following means:
- The shop program provides close to 25% of our overall cost of operation.
- Approximately 35% is freely given by church groups and men who enter the program.
- Nearly 40% is provided by the Lord through businesses and generous individuals like you.
We have a suggested donation of $40 per day for a man in the program. You will not receive any bills for your stay. May God bless you for being a part of this work.
It is exciting to see God working in the lives of those who have been at Fresh Start, both staff and residents. Both have moved on to be used by God in some of the following roles:
Ministers: Mark Gingerich, Sam Gingerich, Randy Miller, Jason Schlabaugh, LaVerne Stoltzfus, Verlynn Yoder, Virlin Yoder
Ministry Involvement: , Sam Gingrich (LIFE), Donnovan Graber (CAM), Dave Horst (EDM), John Lanius, Jason Schlabach (DOH), Ben Waldner (DLM)
If you know of updates to this list please help us keep it current and let us know.