.Welcome to the Fresh Start Website!
Fresh Start is a long-term residential discipleship program for men (single or married) designed to address two primary issues:
- Disciple men in their walk with God
- Assist men experiencing problems in relationships with people
Our belief is really quite straightforward: the reasons (presenting problems) which bring men to our facility are rooted in the two primary issues above. Following are the four main categories of presenting problems in the lives of the men with which we work at Fresh Start:
- Moral Failure (Sexual sin)
- Relational Conflict: with civil, church, family, or workplace authorities
- “Psychiatric Disorders”: OCD, Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, Manic, Etc.– (we are not a psychiatric facility, but seek to deal with heart conditions which may have brought on or worsened the symptoms)
- Addictive Behaviors: substance abuse, compulsions, etc.
We provide basic teaching, training, and mentoring from a Biblical perspective. The majority of trainees in the program are from an Anabaptist background. We also work with men transitioning from a correctional facility back into a normalized social setting.